Subject: Sharing My Journey and Progress in the Jenkins Community ๐Ÿš€

Hello Jenkins Community,

I hope this message finds you all well. Iโ€™m writing to express my excitement and share my journey in the Jenkins community so far. I joined this amazing community on January 8th, and it has been almost 15 days of incredible learning and growth.

As a fresh face in the world of open-source contribution, my primary goal was to immerse myself in the world of Jenkins and contribute to meaningful projects. Over the past few days, Iโ€™ve had the opportunity to submit pull requests to several plugins, including the GitLab Plugin, CopyArtifact Plugin, and Conditional Build Step Plugin.

While working on these pull requests, I encountered challenges that, although I may not have been able to fully solve, allowed me to identify and address coding issues related to null pointer exceptions. Itโ€™s been a valuable experience, and Iโ€™m eager to continue learning and contributing to the Jenkins ecosystem.

To enhance my contributions, Iโ€™ve recently delved into the leaning โ€œThe Development of Jenkins Plugins.โ€
Today, Iโ€™m thrilled to share a personal milestone โ€“ I wrote my first test case for my very own Jenkins plugin!

My plugin perfroms of two tasks:

1. HelloWorld:A simple task that prints the provided name to the console.
  2. DelayBuild: This introduces a delay in the build process, measured in milliseconds. Both are implemented as build steps.

I would love for you to check out my progress and provide any feedback or guidance. You can find the repository for my plugin here.

Thank you all for being such an inspiring and supportive community. I look forward to continued learning and contributing to Jenkins!

Best regards,
Shivajee