Become a mentor in GSoC23

Hello, I would like to become a mentor in GSoC23?
Is that available? If so, how I can apply and what’s the requirements?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your interest in Jenkins.
We always need help to have a successful GSoC.
I guess that you have already read the Google Summer of Code. Information for mentors page.

Being a good Jenkins GSoC mentor requires good mentoring and “soft” skills but also a solid technical base in the subject matter (Jenkins eco-system and contribution). Both can be acquired. But especially for the technical skills, we are running out of time. But it is not desperate. It depends on how much time you can spend on catching up.

For GSoC mentoring, you also need enough available time to do a good job.During the proposal preparation phase, the workload for mentors is about 4 hours/week. During the bonding and coding phase, the average time investment is between 4 and 10 hours/week.

Per accepted project, we set up a mentoring team of 3 (for availability over such a long period). We want at least 2 mentors with good technical knowledge in the project idea’s domain, being recognized Jenkins contributors, and if the project improves an existing component, have merge privileges in the repository.

We can discuss in more depth your specific questions and situation after I replied to your direct email.

/- Jmm

2 Likes

Hello Jean,
Thank you for your response.

I replied to your email, kindly check it.

1 Like