Attending: Alyssa, JMM, Bruno Verachten, Kevin Martens
- AT will start a postmortem gdoc for GSoC 2023 lessons learned
- AT tweet at the start of Hacktoberfest - 9/26
- Bruno to start public discussion re: free X/formerly Twitter potentially going away
- AT to apply for FOSDEM stand
- GSoC updates:
- Jenkins in GSoC 2023 has come to an end with 2 extended projects coming to an end in the next two (2) weeks.
- We had the final project demos via Jenkins online meetup on September 14. Recording is here.
- Many thanks to this year’s org admins, and mentors
- AT will start a postmortem gdoc so we could improve in 2024.
- Jenkins joins the 10th anniversary of Hacktobest. See JMM’s blog post for details and resources.
- Registration begins September 26 and October 31 on the Hacktoberfest site
- Hacktoberfest begins in 4ish days!
- AT plan to send out another tweet at the start of Hacktoberfest - 9/26
- Bruno asked what will the project do as there are talks of free X going away. Bruno will start the discussion in Discord for further discussion.
- Maintainer issues were marked, people are already ticking these.
- Top contributor project:
- Stories from contributors are coming in steadily.
- Kevin is writing up the stories.
- Help wanted: We want to create a Contributor Spotlight page where these stories will live but we need a developer to help create the site and page generation.
- KM: Kris Stern has signed up to help with this.
- Feb 3-4, 2024
- AT preparing to apply for the stand.