Attending: Alyssa, Jean-Marc Meessen, Kevin Martens, Bruno Verachten, Mark Waite
Hacktoberfest ended strong
- Participation in the 2022 edition of this worldwide event was strong. 117 seasoned but also first-time contributors submitted 613 eligible PRs. From these, 531 PRs are “Hacktoberfest complete” (merged or flagged as hacktoberfest-approved). They were submitted by 95 contributors (among them 42 qualify for the swag just with Jenkins contribution).
- Recap blog post to come by JMM and Kevin Martens
- Starting November, the draft will be made public on community.jenkins.io. Per Gavin’s suggestion - AT will create a form for community members to share what cool stuff they’ve done with Jenkins, to be included in the newsletter
- We’ve started the discussion on community.jenkins.io to announce the need for volunteers, and project ideas.
- There are currently 17 in voter reg
- Voter reg is needed even if you voted last yr
- community.jenkins.io thread for elections
- Important dates:
- Nomination of candidates (October 20 - November 10)
- Voter registration (October 20 - November 17)
- Voting (November 17 - December 2)
- Results announcement (December 7)
- AT submitted application for the Events Officer role
- Kevin submitted application for Doc Officer role
- Feb 4 & 5, 2023 in person event in Brussels, BE
- Stand application has been submitted
- Key dates:
- 31 October
- accepted developer rooms announced
- 5 November (or earlier)
- developer rooms issue Calls for Participation
- 15 December (or earlier)
- developer rooms publish complete schedules
- Jenkins submission for talks in the CI/CD Devroom is highly encouraged.
- 31 October
- AT to revisit and plan for this
- From previous meeting notes for context: MW: Infeasible for an all day online event as done in the past. More feasible to do three 2hr block sessions via online format to cover the more crucial topics. We would select speakers and deliver via Zoom webinar to prevent spammers but allow for anyone to participate. ETA November-ish event.
- 1st session: Governance, SIGs/officer updates, UX
- 2nd session: Security, security related topics
- 3rd session: Platform themed, AWS talks
- MW will begin gdoc to start the discussion
CDF asks for a Jenkins official representative for the CDF Advocacy and OutReach SIG.
- Will be confirmed after Jenkins November elections
- Alyssa will probably take the role at interim
- AT will follow up with CDF
Access Twitter account - Mark & AT being out at the same time slowed down Jenkins Twitter process. Gavin suggested using GiHub for tweet proposal and approval.