Advocacy & Outreach SIG Meeting - November 17, 2022

Attending: Alyssa, Jean-Marc Meessen, Bruno Verachten, Kevin Martens, Ananya S


  • Action item:
    • AT to create Google form for newsletter. Input to improve the is appreciated
    • Contributor Summit - awaiting Mark to send out communication
  • What’s new in GSoC 2023:
    • Increased flexibility in project lengths (10-22 weeks, not a set 12 weeks for everyone) allowed many people to be able to participate and to not feel rushed
    • Program is open to both students and new contributors
    • Google published program timeline
    • Jenkins GSoC org admins already met to discuss planning. Kris and JMM are working to update 2022 webpages on
    • Blog posted for call for mentors/project ideas.
    • Concerns looming over lack of project ideas and mentors.
  • Jenkins election update
    • Voter Registration: 61
    • Nominations: 1 nomination per role
    • Voting: see blog
    • Blog post to announce some time today
  • FOSDEM’23
    • CI CD Devroom CFP | deadline to submit proposals 12th of December 2022. Only running for half a day
    • Bruno made submission to the Embedded, Mobile and Automotive devroom
  • SCALE 20X [Southern California Linux Expo 2023]
  • Bruno gave a talk at Mobile DevOps Summit, but there were technical issues, so we have recorded the talk separately. It is available on a new “parodic” channel.
  • JMM: Hacktoberfest - collecting data, will build stats on the impact to measure the contributions. Raw figures will be published via blog or JOM.
  • CDF committee - meeting kicking back up, est in mid Dec. They want rep from each project to be represented at the meeting. AT will follow up with them