Pipeline Plugin Issue: Stages Not Executing Properly After Recent Update

I’m encountering a significant issue with the Pipeline plugin in Jenkins after a recent update, and I’m seeking assistance to resolve it.

Background: My Jenkins setup heavily relies on the Pipeline plugin to automate our CI/CD workflows. After updating Jenkins and associated plugins to the latest versions, I’ve noticed that certain stages in our pipeline are not executing as expected, causing disruptions in our build and deployment processes.

Issue: The main problem arises during the execution of our Jenkins pipelines. Specific stages either fail to start, hang indefinitely, or skip execution altogether. This issue occurs inconsistently across different pipeline jobs, making it difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. The logs do not provide clear error messages, and the stages that fail are not consistent across different runs of the same pipeline.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue so far:

1. Ensured all Jenkins plugins, especially the Pipeline plugin and its dependencies, are updated to their latest compatible versions.
  2. Reviewed the Jenkins logs and pipeline execution logs for any error messages or warnings that could indicate the cause of the issue.
  3. Checked the syntax and structure of the Jenkinsfile to ensure there are no errors or deprecated commands.
  4. Tested simplified versions of the pipeline to isolate the problem to specific stages or steps.
  5. Reverted to previous versions of the Pipeline plugin and other related plugins to see if the issue is resolved.

Observations: Despite these efforts, the problem with pipeline stages not executing properly persists, affecting our CI/CD workflows and causing delays in our development and deployment processes. This issue is critical as it impacts our ability to deliver updates and new features reliably.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has experience with troubleshooting Pipeline plugin issues in Jenkins or has encountered similar problems, I would greatly appreciate your insights and assistance. Specifically, I’m looking for strategies to diagnose and resolve issues with pipeline stages not executing as expected after a Jenkins update.

Thank you for your help and support! :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

The same request for information on your earlier question applies to this question.