Jenkins failed to start

I have installed jenkins on rhel 7 when I am trying to start it by command Systemctl start jenkins the command is executing it is not giving any error but when I run systemctl status jenkins status is showing failed I tried to check logs but I didnt find any log in /var/log/jenkins. I am having 4 server in my development Server I tried to install on all server but it is not starting

systemctl status jenkins.service
● jenkins.service - Jenkins Continuous Integration Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/jenkins.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2023-05-18 12:11:58 IST; 1min 5s ago
Main PID: 31140 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 18 12:11:58 xxxxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Started Jenkins Continuous Integration Server.
May 18 12:11:58 xxxxxxxxxx systemd[1]: jenkins.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 18 12:11:58 xxxxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Unit jenkins.service entered failed state.
May 18 12:11:58 xxxxxxxxxx systemd[1]: jenkins.service failed.

Are you using java 11?

Rhel 7 is very old so likelyhood of you having 11 installed without effort is low

Also check journalctl -u jenkins for more info but wrong version of java won’t even let it get to the part where it starts logging?

@halkeye we are using oracle linux server 7.9 not rhel 7 and I ran command journalctl -u jenkins
May 18 13:05:21 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Started Jenkins Continuous Integration Server.
May 18 13:05:21 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: jenkins.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 18 13:05:21 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: Unit jenkins.service entered failed state.
May 18 13:05:21 xxxxxxxx systemd[1]: jenkins.service failed.

The Jenkins systemd based installer is not supported or tested with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and its derivatives like CentOS 7, Scientific Linux 7, and Oracle Linux 7. Discussions have been ongoing in the Platform Special Interest Group and the Documentation Special Interest Group to drop all support for that operating system version.

Per the Linux requirements of the Jenkins project, support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and its derivatives will end June 30, 2024 when the operating system providers end their support of that operating system. I’m preparing changes that will accelerate that end of life to be even sooner, hopefully well before the end of 2023…

Choose another operating system. If you prefer a Red Hat Enterprise Linux derivative from Oracle, then you can choose Oracle Linux 9.2 or Oracle Linux 8.7. Jenkins runs very well on both of them.

@MarkEWaite Issue has been resolved. Thanks for your support. The problem was in service unit file of jenkins under the parameter Execstart there was --daemon i removed that after saving it and running systemctl daemon-reload and restarting jenkins it is working.