Idea: Commercial Support / Vendors

Some of these are misleading because some bees maintain plugins that are not supported by CloudBees. I don’t think there’s a way to generically obtain this information at the moment (Oleg and I discussed adding vendor maintainership to RPU a long time ago, but it never went anywhere).

Note that you could use the username/display name mapping from https://reports.jenkins.io/maintainers-info-report.json to show people names rather than user IDs (like the plugin site). Showing raw user names isn’t that useful because GitHub users might be different, so best you could do is find the Jira profiles.

Could always hide the “advanced” filters section and show it on click or something.

While interesting in terms of what can be done, I am not sure we’ll have enough content to make fixed fields like “custom builds” or languages worth it over a freeform description provided and maintained by each vendor. Some content is also a bit more complicated – I think (unsure, not what I work on) CloudBees does not provide support when you’re a customer, but running just Jenkins. It needs to be our “custom builds” like CloudBees CI etc. So “ support custom builds” would not paint the complete picture and cause disappointment at worst. I’d start by collecting content from or about vendors and if we see patterns emerge, that’s where filters might be useful.

there may be more categories or types of commercial entities involved in Jenkins deployments

What’s the use case here? Because unless they can actively help people, it’s just docs how to make Jenkins work on their platform by buying the most amount of services they offer. Would they help you with Jenkins, or would they only help you with installing/running Jenkins on their platform? If the latter, presumably you’re already their customer, no? So why would this page be needed?

Oh hosted solution might be another worthwhile feature to list.

No other vendor is a member of the Jenkins security team, so any hosted Jenkins solution sounds like a crazy idea we should not support.

Custom plugins maybe?

This could be a very interesting category (or, if freeform, something to check with vendors / invite such companies to be present here).