[GSOC 2022 PROPOSAL] Pipeline Steps Documentation Generator Improvements

Greetings Everyone!
I am interested in working on the project “Pipeline Steps Documentation Generator Improvements” as a contributor for GSoC '22. Please find my project proposal link attached below.

I am looking forward to receiving feedback from the Jenkins community about the same. You may leave your comments in the document or reply in this thread to share your valuable feedback.
Thanks for your time in advance.

Regards,
Vihaan Thora

1 Like

Hey @vihaanthora :wave:

Thank you for sharing your draft. The community will review it and share possible improvements. Looking forward to read it.

/cc @kwhetstone @harshitcp @koushartasneem

/- Jmm

3 Likes

Hey @vihaanthora I have suggested some changes. Do check them out and try to indroduce changes accordingly.
Its great to see your progress and understanding of the problem statement. Keep it up and good luck.

3 Likes

Sure @koushartasneem, I will make the specified changes as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for your time.

1 Like

I hope this project will not make it more difficult to search for keywords in the descriptions of pipeline steps. Currently, I can use the search function of the Web browser for that. If this project moves the descriptions to plugin-specific pages or hides them until I click an expand button, the search function may become unusable. If so, I hope a server-side search feature is offered as a replacement.

1 Like

@kon thank you for providing this perspective to the project, this was surely something I overlooked. As a solution, we can provide an “expand all” and “collapse all” button on the top right corner of the page. Will that be a valid solution in your opinion?

Yes that would be ok

1 Like

It was an interesting read @vihaanthora. I left a few comments in the document (and one LOL about the whole9yards variable).

Thank you again for sharing your document. Keep the good work. (and good luck with your semester examination).

/- Jmm

1 Like

Thank you so much @Jmm for your valuable time on this proposal. I am frankly overwhelmed to see the community’s supportive nature.
I have received a lot of constructive feedback, for which I can only thank everyone wholeheartedly.

Taking a look at this Vihaan. Thank you for your proposal!

2 Likes