At the Advocacy & Outreach SIG meeting last Thursday we discussed Jenkins will have a virtual booth at DevOps World. Below are content suggested for the booth. Input/edit is welcome. There will also be opportunities for Ask the Experts. If you’d like to be part of Ask the Experts pls let me know. Don’t forget to mention your area of expertise.
Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server supported by a large and growing community of developers, testers, designers, and other people interested in continuous integration, continuous delivery, and modern software delivery practices. Our motto is “Build great things at any scale”. Built on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it provides more than 1,800 plugins that extend Jenkins to automate with practically any technology software delivery teams use. In 2020, Jenkins surpassed 250,000 known installations making it the most widely deployed automation server.
Significant improvements have been made around services, to provide to the Jenkins community the right information to manage their plugins.
- The service ‘plugins.jenkins.io’ provides useful information about plugins.
- The Jenkins update center now provides additional information like “is the plugin affected by a security issue? or up for adoption?”
- Public roadmap
Jenkins Needs You
- How to participate and contribute: participate
- Join Special Interest Groups: SIGS
- Become a mentor: call-for-mentos
- Share your Jenkins stories and we’ll send you a t-shirt: Jenkins Is The Way
Join the Jenkins Community [newsletter]
Donate to the project: CrowdFunding
Booth open hours:
On September 29, 2021:
- 9:30am -10:00am PDT
- 12:00pm-12:30pm PDT
On September 30th, 2021:
- 5:30am-6:00am PDT
- 9:30am-10:00am PDT
- 11:30am-12:00pm PDT
Times above subject to change.