Attending: Alyssa, Bruno Verachten, JMM, Kris Stern
Kris had a question regarding Tweets for weekly LTS release. Should we make plans for weekly tweets? AT suggested for Kris to bring this up on the Gitter channel so more folks could chime in and provide feedback.
May newsletter draft is in motion. We just need a few more SIGs to provide their updates. ETA - to be published next week.
- Successfully completed bonding period. All objectives achieved. We are now in the coding period, everything is going well.
- Thanks to all 4 contributors for their intro blog posts.
- Weekly GSoC office hour check-in is going well. Status exchange, lessons learned are shared and learned by all. Fun factor is high!
- Kris: Contributors are all super active.
- Chicago: Sept 26
- Silicon Valley, CA: Oct 18-19
- London: Nov 29
- 2 more locations: TBA
- Jenkins will have 1 session at each location.
CDF Outreach Committee meeting is scheduled for June 21, 2023. Member projects are expected to provide updates. This is what I will share for Jenkins:
Jenkins, the leading open source automation server, for building, deploying and automating any project. 108K+ LI, 65K+ Twitter followers, 650 Contributors, 290K+ Installs, 1,800 Plugins. Current progress:
- Rejuvenating mature (10+ yrs old) codebase. This is critical for the evolution of the product.
- Modernizing UI & UX with new themes, icons, menus, forms, and buttons.
- 7th year Jenkins in GSoC; mentored 35 GSoC contributors to date.
- Monthly newsletter if you’re interested in knowing project status.