About the GSoC category

Discussion about the Google Summer of Code

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is an annual, international, program that encourages college-aged students to participate in open source projects during the summer break between classes. Jenkins has been participating there since 2016.

Chat with us on Gitter.

More about Google Summer of Code in Jenkins

6 Likes

Hi all!

I’m very new to open source and contributing, I am keen to contribute to Jenkins community as well as code. I know Java, Maven and learning basics of CI/CD. Kindly guide my through it.

Greetings Jenkins Community,

I’m Jaspreet, a third-year student with practical Jenkins experience from a recent internship. Skilled in JavaScript, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, and UI/UX design, I’m thrilled to contribute to our community’s development. I’m committed to continuous learning and excited about collaborating with all of you.

Best,
jaspreet

Hi and welcome to this community, @jessi-17 and @aSky17 ! :wave:

Participate and Contribute can give you some pointers

1 Like

Hey Jenkins Community,

:wave: I’m Subhajit, excited to join this awesome community! :rocket:

Exploring the realms of CI/CD, I bring foundational skills in JavaScript, Python, React, and web development technologies. My toolkit includes HTML, CSS, C++, and Java, and I’ve also had hands-on experience with cloud technologies.

I’m eager to contribute to Jenkins, learn from the fantastic community, and grow together. Looking forward to collaborating with you all!

Cheers,
Subhajit

Hi and welcome to this community, @Subhajit009iitr! :wave:

1 Like

hey Jenkins community ,
I’m Kunal Kumar , freshmen year undergrad student Interested in Java , Html, Css Javascript , git and Jenkins , k8s.
Looking forward to the Amazing Jenkins Community to continuous Learning , Collaborating and Contribute back to Jenkins to enhance the features during this Upcoming summer of code .

1 Like

Hello Jenkins Community,

I am Debadatta, a Computer Science student eager to contribute to the Jenkins project. With my expertise in Java backend technology and experience working with Jenkins, I am keen on contributing to the improvement of various backend tools and functionalities.

Here is my idea about Enhancing “Plugin Health Score” Scoring Abilities: The Plugin Health Score is a vital metric for evaluating the health and performance of Jenkins plugins. I aim to improve its scoring abilities by refining the criteria used for assessment and providing more accurate insights into plugin health. By focusing on these areas, I believe we can enhance the overall functionality and security of Jenkins, thereby benefiting the entire community. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to such a dynamic and impactful project.

Best regards,
Debadatta

Hello and welcome to this community, @KunalKumar-1 and @Deba43! :wave:

1 Like