Status of Chocolatey packaging of Jenkins?

I have recently revisited Jenkins deployment on Windows using ‘infrastructure as code’ approaches and it seemed that Chocolatey was a viable option. I was even more excited to watch a video on YouTube where Jenkins was installed from a choco package. Unfortunately the last Jenkins package was build more than 2 years ago (v2.222.4) . Are there any updates on what is happening in this space? I understood that the Jenkins infra team was going to take over the maintenance of the Chocolatey Jenkins packages. Thanks for any information/feedback on this.
Best regards
Ioannis

do you a link or anything about this? I haven’t heard of it being on anyones roadmap but I would think its on the platform-sig’s team since they do the packaging up (there’s lots of overlap between the two teams though).

I updated your title and tags because I thought it was about a chocolatey plugin, and this way its a bit more clear.

Platform SIG notes from 2019 note that @slide_o_mix had been granted permission for the chocolatey package for Jenkins. However, as far as I know, it has not gone any further than his having permission to work on the chocolatey package.

Yes @MarkEWaite , I think this was also on the blog post about the Windows Installer

Windows Installer Updates (jenkins.io)

Thank you @halkeye Always good to have the right tags!

There exists a chocolatey directory in the packaging repository with four commits by @slide_o_mix, but nothing in the build or release process invokes this code. As far as I can tell, it is a work in progress. To complete this project, it should be integrated into the build and release process at minimum. I do not know if any additional work is needed to complete this project beyond integration into the build and release process.

2 Likes

Yes, that is correct, there wasn’t much desire at the time, so I hadn’t continued the development. If there is a desire now, I can take a look at it.

1 Like

Might be worth looking at winget these days as I think most installs have it now

Yeah, I would definitely prefer winget, though that needs to be done in the winget repo, not in our own area. I can take a look at it though.

1 Like