Password Reset Jenkins Homebrew Installation

I can’t seem to figure out how to reset the admin password I setup up when installing Jenkins via homebrew.
Many instructions that I have stated to checking the /var/lib/jenkins/config.xml file. There is not file by that name via that path. Even when searching applications for Jenkins it is not showing/not present. Jenkins is already installed so I am not sure of next steps to reset my admin password to login in order to complete my pipeline work.

config.xml is in $JENKINS_HOME, by default thats /var/lib/jenkins, but not required to be. I’m guessing homebrew does something different?

that being said, I don’t see anything in homebrew-core/jenkins.rb at c61546a6f6353541b44bfbbb2a0ebd5f579386d2 · Homebrew/homebrew-core · GitHub that would change that

Thank you for responding. I tried to cd into it and it states it doesn’t exist. Even when navigating into /var/lib/ nothing pertaining to jenkins is inside the folder but a postfix file that I can’t seem to access, even with sudo nothing happened.

I don’t know why there seems to be no sign of jenkins on my laptop but I am able to start the service but can’t get beyond the login screen due to no password.

1 Like

Hello @ginacodesdev and welcome to this community :wave:
I know this would be suboptimal, but could you issue a command such as

find / -name config.xml |grep -i jenkins

So that we have a hint about where that config file could lay?

Thank you. I was able to locate it. Now begins the task of resetting the password process.
Thanks so much for your help.

Halkeye (above),
Thank you as well.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback. :pray:

Where was it? Might help the next person

I also had a draft I forgot to hit send on, but some OSes store in $HOME/.jenkins, but I was meaning to look up which oses do it and got distracted.