Jenkins in Google in Summer of Code 2024: Project ideas and mentors needed

Hi All,

We are beginning to plan for GSoC 2024. We are looking for project ideas for potential GSoC contributors to work on that would help better Jenkins. See here for last year’s project ideas. To propose new project ideas, here’s how.

We are also in need of mentors. If you or someone you know who wants to make an impact pls respond to this email. Mentor guidelines are here.

Thank you.

alyssa

1 Like

hi i would like to contribute in GSOC 2024 for Jenkins can i suggest some projects ideas based on previous projects?

1 Like

Of course, you can follow the link provided by @alyssat to learn how to propose a new project idea. Your contributions and ideas are valuable to us.
Thanks.

Hey Alyssa,

I contributed to Jenkins in GSoC 2022. I want to be a Mentor for GSoC 2024 and guide new contributors. I am excited and want to be part of this journey.

Thank You
Hrushikesh Rao Naidnur

Hello, Alyssa

For GSoC’24, I would like to be a mentor. As a contributor during GSoC’23, I gained a lot of knowledge and insight into the Jenkins project that i would like to give back to the Jenkins community.

I am eager to help someone and share everything I’ve learned from being a part of the Jenkins Community and this is a wonderful opportunity.

Thank You.
Vandit Singh

Hey,
I would also like to be the mentor for GSoC 2023 if the following projects get selected:

1. enhancing-an-existing-llm-model-with-domain-specific-jenkins-knowledge
  2. using-opentelemetry-for-jenkins-jobs-on-ci_jenkins_io

I believe my Jenkins plugin development and Infrastructure knowledge can be a valuable addition to the projects!

Thanking you in Anticipation
Warm Regards

1 Like