Unable to trigger jenkins remotely after integrated successfully with Azure AD

I have integrated Jenkins with Azure AD and it is working fine without any issue. Now i want to trigger jenkins job remotely. Previously i was using the jenkins username and password with curl it was working fine with the below command but now im using my Azure AD mail id and jenkins token it is not working. curl -X POST https://{name}.{org name}.com/job/[job name]/build --user jenkins_user:jenkins_user_token

Kindly help on how to do this with Azure AD Auth

Which command need to be used to trigger the jenkins job which is integrated with Azure AD

is that possible to create using powershell or batch or shell or python

Hello, @Haroon-Rash-DevOps and welcome to this community. :wave:

When Jenkins is integrated with Azure AD for authentication, I think you’ll need to use an access token or a personal access token (PAT) for triggering Jenkins jobs remotely instead of a username and password. :thinking:
PATs are typically used when you have integrated Jenkins with Azure AD and cannot access username and password authentication.

Here’s how you could trigger a Jenkins job using cURL with a PAT:

curl -X POST https://{name}.{org name}.com/job/[job name]/build \
     --user jenkins_user:{your_personal_access_token}

Replace {name}.{org name} with your Jenkins URL, [job name] with the name of the job you want to trigger, jenkins_user with your Jenkins username, and {your_personal_access_token} with your personal access token.

Hi, @poddingue ,
i already tried this approach, if i’m try it using my mail id and jenkins PAT getting below error

curl -X POST https://{name}.{org name}.com/job/[job name]/build
–user mailid:{jenkins_your_personal_access_token}

Error 401 Unauthorized

HTTP ERROR 401 Unauthorized

URI:/job/Test/build
SERVLET:Stapler