Octa Integration with Jenkins issue

Hi,

While configuring Jenkins with Octa integration I might messed with the authorization strategy. Now can see the Jenkins with the error HTTP ERROR 403 No valid crumb was included in the request

1 Like

I might have set to authorization strategy to anyone can do anything, I have set that, but not sure after configuring with SAML2.0 authorization it has asked me to login through Octa credentials (sso) , after entering credentials getting the above page. I needed to configure Jenkins again proper things. Kindly help how to fix this.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently disabled CSRF protection, which is why you’re seeing the “No valid crumb was included in the request” error.

To fix this, you can try disabling the security settings in Jenkins by removing the relevant configuration files. Specifically, you can remove the config.xml files for the global and jenkins folders under the Jenkins home directory, which should be located at /var/jenkins_home by default.

To do this, you can follow these steps:

1. Stop the Jenkins service.
  2. Navigate to the Jenkins home directory on your server.
  3. Remove the config.xml files for the global and jenkins folders.
  4. Restart the Jenkins service.

After the service has restarted, you should be able to log in to Jenkins again. However, it’s important to note that disabling security in this way is not recommended for production environments, as it can leave your Jenkins instance vulnerable to attack.

Instead, you should consider configuring security in Jenkins correctly, by enabling CSRF protection and using a secure authorization strategy such as SAML2.0 with Octa integration. You may want to seek assistance from your Jenkins administrator.

1 Like

Is this can be achievable as I have installed Jenkins using Helm on the K8s cluster?

After doing this I can able to login Jenkins as usual, but look like I lost cloud configs(manage nodes & cloud) due to which all jobs stuck. And also I can see the warning You have data stored in an older format and/or unreadable data.

Can you please let me know how can I get the cloud node configs back.

You should be able to find the original configuration for the nodes and clouds in your backed-up config files.
Copy/Paste the information into your new config file.
The configuration for nodes and clouds in Jenkins is stored in the config.xml files. These files can be found in the Jenkins home directory, under the nodes and clouds subdirectories.

For example, if your Jenkins home directory is /var/lib/jenkins, the configuration file for a node named my-node would be located at /var/lib/jenkins/nodes/my-node/config.xml.

1 Like

Thanks. Now the nodes and clouds configurations backed up. But I am wondering jobs are not picking up the cloud nodes.

1 Like

Cool. Some configuration issues. Now issue has been fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback. :+1:

1 Like

Hi all,

Strange thing I can see post integrating Jenkins with Octa integration. For only one of the user in my team is not redirecting to Octa login , its just redirecting to default Jenkins login. But rest all able to redirecting to Octa login when they try login Jenkins. Any suggestions please?

Sounds like a browser cache issue. Can you get them to either open the developer tools of their browser (which usually bypasses cache) and try again, or to clear the cache from their browser for Okta and your specific Jenkins site and try again?

Sure, I will check and let you know. Thanks.

We found that user can able to redirect if he remove the /login from Jenkins url. User is trying with https://<jenkins-url/login. Once he removed the /login , can be able to redirect to Octa.!!

1 Like