Jenkins upgrade in Linux- not able to upgrade thro yum

Previously installed the jenkins version 2.164.3 by downloading the RPM package and used “yum install jenkins.2.164.3.rpm.package” to install in Redhat linux 7.x server.

After the initial installation, we upgraded the jenkins instance by replacing the jenkins.war package in /usr/lib/jenkins several times, and now the current version of jenkins instance is 2.361.2

My security team is scanning the pkgs linux server, finding old pkg version, telling us to upgrade the pkg.

I tried “sudo yum upgrade/update Jenkins” in linux, but it is not upgrading the pkg!!

If I remove the old pkg - sudo yum remove Jenkins , will it affect current version of Jenkins?

If not what is other best solution to upgrade old pkg or remove it without affecting current running version?

Can we try to download the lastest rpm package and use “yum update latest.rpm.package” to do the upgrade? If I do this, do I have to setup Jenkins all over again?
We have lot of plugins and integration with many tools and auto jobs running!! so want to upgrade the pkg without affecting current setup.

Appreciate your help and support on this
Thanks in advance.

I see below info when I do yum upgrade or update:

sudo yum list installed | grep -i jenkins
jenkins.noarch 2.164.3-1.1 @/jenkins-2.164.3-1.1.noarch

(1655) # sudo yum upgrade jenkins
Loaded plugins: enabled_repos_upload, langpacks, package_upload, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
rhel-7-server-extras-rpms | 2.0 kB 00:00:00
rhel-7-server-rpms | 3.5 kB 00:00:00
rhel-7-server-satellite-tools-6.8-rpms | 2.1 kB 00:00:00
No Match for argument: jenkins
No package jenkins available.
No packages marked for update
Uploading Enabled Repositories Report
Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager

why isn’t it? what is it doing instead?

probably

Sounds like you need to enable the repo. see Redhat Jenkins Packages

Gavin
thanks for quick reply.
It says “no pkg Jenkins is available” as I posted output for that in my reply.

yes, that is what I am afraid, we can’t setup this server from zero again, it will impact our team.

upgrade guide is not useful in this scenario!
Thank you.

In work I have mainly CentOS, and there is no latest version of Jenkins package for this OS*. So I install Jenkins via ansible, and download packages from Redhat Jenkins Packages.

Maybe it’s been fixed but I didn’t checked it for a long time.