Jenkins installation has no UI images

Hello guys,
First time setting up Jenkins today, and I cannot find out for the life of me how to get these icons on the dashboard to appear after install. Tried installing both the LTS and weekly, and my dashboard still appears as so:
jenkins_no_icons
Is there a specific plugin I need to install to get the icons to appear? All of the tutorials I’ve watched on youtube just have them after installation.

Thank you!

You have the UI images. With those images, the Jenkins UI can be run in its default theme or in dark theme or in a solarized theme. With those images, the UI scales better and renders better.

The Jenkins UI improvements are continuing. See the User Experience SIG for the latest developments.

Jenkins 2.346.1 switched the icons from PNG to SVG

The PNG icons honor themes (like dark theme and solarized theme) and are scalable. Many user interface improvements throughout.

Jenkins 2.332.1 modernized the table design

Jenkins 2.303.1 started the SVG image transition

Jenkins 2.277.1 uses div based layout instead of table based layout

Better user experience, especially for users on narrower screens.

Oh wow, spent too much time trying to figure out a bug that wasn’t a bug lol. Thank you!

Mark, but is there any way to bring the old icons back? I’ve just got a local instance to familiarize myself and I’d really like to replace the black and white icons with the coloured ones I was used to see in the past.

Do you know any workaround I can locally do to achieve that? I was replacing the images folder inside war, but it seems the old PNGs are not taken from there, still using the new white and black icons somehow.

No, I’m not aware of any way to revert to the old icons without also reverting to the old Jenkins. Replacing the images folder inside the war will not survive across version upgrades, even if it works for a single release. Embrace the new look and feel. Try running a dark theme or a different theme.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know much about this and couldn’t figure it out.

I saw that at some point in the past the SVGs where coloured and similar to the old PNGs, until the most recent builds got them changed.

I worked for a few years quite close to Jenkins and missing the old look. Thank you!