Error SSH Build Agents:

Good day. A few weeks ago I started the race on DevOps, and yesterday I started the installation of 0 on Jenkins.

I’m using Ubuntu 22.04 on my computer, but at the time of installation it gives an error SSH Build Agents, and I don’t know how to solve it, since it stops there.

When I look at what it says in the log, it shows something similar to that the plugin has to be updated and I don’t know how to do it, any suggestions?

Imagen error: Error

LOG:
java.io.IOException: Failed to load: SSH Build Agents plugin (ssh-slaves 1.834.v622da_57f702c)

• Update required: SSH Credentials Plugin (ssh-credentials 277.280.v1e86b_7d0056b_) to be updated to 291.v8211e4f8efb_c or higher
1 Like

Hello @ZeDfriT and welcome to this community.
If you want to update your plugins, go to Dashboard/Manage Jenkins/Manage Plugins and update the plugins.

Good day. Thanks for answering. That’s the problem… I can’t finish the Jenkins installation, because it stops when I can’t install the SSH plugin and the installer closes.

1 Like

The picture you included looks like you’re running the Jenkins setup wizard and it is failing because there is an older than expected version of the ssh credentials plugin. However, the setup wizard downloads all the plugin it needs, so there should not be an older than expected version of the ssh credentials plugin. I believe that the setup wizard will not download a newer version of a plugin if an older version already exists in the plugins directory.

Was the directory empty where the setup wizard was run?

I just checked the setup wizard from Jenkins 2.361.1 (most recent LTS) and Jenkins 2.371 (most recent weekly) and confirmed that they are both well behaved in the environment that I tested. The Jenkins 2.371 test was on a Ubuntu 22.04 x86_64 machine. I assume that is reasonably close to the machine you are running.

Does the same failure happen if you start Jenkins from an empty directory? You would use a command like

$ mkdir x
$ cd x
$ JENKINS_HOME=. java -jar jenkins.war

What Jenkins version are you running?

Was the Jenkins home directory empty before Jenkins started or were there already files in the plugins directory under the Jenkins home directory?

Were you running from an operating system package (rpm or deb), a container image like jenkins/jenkins:2.371, or were you starting Jenkins from the command line with java -jar jenkins.war?

1 Like

Good day! Thanks for your help!

I am learning how to install Jenkins from an instructor. Which, he provided us with some commands and a file.

I recently started using Linux, and well, I don’t know how to fix it.

The environment in which I am trying to install Jenkins is my own PC, with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS operating system.

I’m sorry if my English is not very good (it’s not native)

I enclose what he provided us:

a docker file containing

FROM jenkinsci/blueocean
USER root
RUN apk update && apk add wget
RUN  wget --no-verbose -O /tmp/apache-maven-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz https://downloads.apache.org/maven/maven-3/3.6.3/binaries/apache-maven-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz
RUN tar xzf /tmp/apache-maven-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz -C /opt/ 
RUN ln -s  /opt/apache-maven-3.6.3 /opt/maven 
RUN ln -s /opt/maven/bin/mvn /usr/local/bin 
RUN rm /tmp/apache-maven-3.6.3-bin.tar.gz 
RUN chown jenkins:jenkins /opt/maven;

ENV MAVEN_HOME=/opt/mvn

USER jenkins

Then, it makes us put the following command:

docker build -t jenkins/blueocean_ci --no-cache .

docker run -p 8080:8080 -p 50000:50000 --name jenkinsblue jenkins/blueocean_ci

Everything works fine, but the installation stops when you want to install the SSH plug-in and everything closes there.

The jenkinsci/blueocean image should not be used anymore from what I understand. I would recommend using jenkins/jenkins:alpine-jdk11 in your FROM. It looks like the BO image is using Alpine, so that would correlate the best I think.

1 Like

Sure, I think the instructor video is about 1 1/2 years old, and the files must be old (obsolete).

What is the correct way to install it?

InstallJekins

I went to the official page in Spanish, but when I put the first command I get the following:

wget -q -O - https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable/jenkins.io.key | sudo apt-key add -

Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
OK

There isn’t an official page in Spanish. The official installation instructions are

The page you mention is a contributed page on a DigitalOcean site and does not include the changes made in the last two years to the installation process.

Thank you all! I was able to solve it :smiley: !

I read the official page and with the help of an updated video on YouTube I made it!

Apparently the Docker file that the attached professor brings obsolete files.

Thank you all!

Install Jekins on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback :+1: .