Jenkins Git Server Error

Hello,

I am attempting to resolve an issue in my jenkins build that has no negative effects, but shows an annoying alert all the time. I have uploaded an image showing the error. I have attempted to fix this by installing the SSHD plugin but nothing has resolved this.

I am using Jenkins version 2.371, this also happened in 2.361. Has anyone seen this before?

That message almost always means that the sshd plugin is not installed. If you’re managing your Jenkins configuration as code, you may need to make more changes than you actually made in order to install that plugin and keep it installed.

I installed the sshd plugin. I cannot see any other dependencies that I am missing.

I looked up my installed plugins and found the following for SSHD.

|mina-sshd-api-common|2.9.1-44.v476733c11f82|true|
|mina-sshd-api-core|2.9.1-44.v476733c11f82|true|
|mina-sshd-api-scp|2.9.1-44.v476733c11f82|true|
|mina-sshd-api-sftp|2.9.1-44.v476733c11f82|true|

Is it possible these are preventing SSHD 3.1.0 from remaining installed?

Your jenkins log should spit out why its not starting up.

Also mina-sshd != SSH server

Oct 03, 2022 3:03:54 PM SEVERE jenkins.InitReactorRunner$1 onTaskFailed
Failed Inspecting plugin /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/sshd.jpi
java.nio.file.FileAlreadyExistsException: /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/sshd
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:94)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.createDirectory(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:389)
	at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createDirectory(Files.java:690)
	at hudson.Util.createDirectories(Util.java:1801)
	at hudson.ClassicPluginStrategy.explode(ClassicPluginStrategy.java:485)
	at hudson.ClassicPluginStrategy.createPluginWrapper(ClassicPluginStrategy.java:170)
	at hudson.PluginManager$1$3$1.run(PluginManager.java:439)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.TaskGraphBuilder$TaskImpl.run(TaskGraphBuilder.java:177)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor.runTask(Reactor.java:305)
	at jenkins.model.Jenkins$5.runTask(Jenkins.java:1161)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$2.run(Reactor.java:221)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$Node.run(Reactor.java:120)
	at jenkins.security.ImpersonatingExecutorService$1.run(ImpersonatingExecutorService.java:70)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Oct 03, 2022 3:03:54 PM INFO jenkins.InitReactorRunner$1 onAttained
Started initialization
Oct 03, 2022 3:03:54 PM INFO jenkins.InitReactorRunner$1 onAttained
Listed all plugins
Oct 03, 2022 3:03:55 PM SEVERE jenkins.InitReactorRunner$1 onTaskFailed
Failed Loading plugin Jenkins GIT server Plugin v1.11 (git-server)
java.io.IOException: Failed to load: Jenkins GIT server Plugin (git-server 1.11)
 - Plugin is missing: sshd (3.1.0)
	at hudson.PluginWrapper.resolvePluginDependencies(PluginWrapper.java:994)
	at hudson.PluginManager$2$1$1.run(PluginManager.java:547)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.TaskGraphBuilder$TaskImpl.run(TaskGraphBuilder.java:177)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor.runTask(Reactor.java:305)
	at jenkins.model.Jenkins$5.runTask(Jenkins.java:1161)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$2.run(Reactor.java:221)
	at org.jvnet.hudson.reactor.Reactor$Node.run(Reactor.java:120)
	at jenkins.security.ImpersonatingExecutorService$1.run(ImpersonatingExecutorService.java:70)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

My logs are not too helpful. I will look into turning on the debug logs and update.

Likely means that you have a plain file named /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/sshd. Jenkins wants to make that a directory and to expand the contents of the sshd plugin into that directory. It could mean that the Jenkins user does not have permission to write in /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/sshd.

I do have a file sshd as you expected. I am going to uninstall some plugins to see if I can get something working.

Removing all of the Mina SSHD plugins, then deleting

/var/lib/jenkins/plugins/sshd
Then installing the Mina SSHD plugins has solved the issue!