Advanced Filtering and Automated Ticket Creation for Cucumber.html Reports

Subject: Feature Suggestion: Advanced Filtering and Automated Ticket Creation for Cucumber.html Reports

Dear Jenkins Team,

I suggest enhancing Jenkins by adding a plugin that enables advanced filtering options for Cucumber.html reports. This plugin would allow users to filter failure lists by Error Description, Scenario Name, and Tags, and automatically generate Excel or CSV files. By automating this process, users can save valuable time and streamline their testing workflow.

Furthermore, consider extending this functionality to include automated ticket creation in Jira based on the failures list. This integration would further enhance productivity by seamlessly transitioning identified issues into actionable tasks within the development workflow.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Best regards,
Binita Rathour

Hello @Binita and welcome to this community. :wave:

Thank you for sharing your suggestion regarding enhancing Jenkins with advanced filtering capabilities for Cucumber html reports and automated ticket creation in Jira. Your proposal demonstrates a thoughtful consideration of potential improvements to our platform.

While we value your idea and recognize its potential benefits, we encourage you to explore the possibility of contributing directly to the Jenkins ecosystem by experimenting with plugin creation. This hands-on approach not only fosters personal growth but also contributes to the collective advancement of our community.

Should you choose to delve into plugin development, we are available to provide guidance and support. While it may seem challenging initially, engaging in such endeavors can be a rewarding experience, both personally and for the community at large.

Thank you once again for your contribution to the Jenkins community.

Hello @poddingue ,

Thank you for your message and warm welcome! I’m excited to be a part of this community and to contribute in any way I can.

I appreciate your suggestion to explore plugin development for Jenkins as a means to enhance its capabilities. It’s definitely something I’m interested in pursuing further. I’ll take your advice to heart and start looking into plugin creation. Your offer of guidance and support is invaluable, and I’ll be sure to reach out if I encounter any hurdles along the way.

I share your enthusiasm for making a positive impact on the Jenkins ecosystem, and I’m eager to see where this journey takes me.

Once again, thank you for your encouragement and support!

Best regards,
Binita