Setting up windows cloud agents

Speaking of windows images, are there any good instructions on setting up a Windows Server based Docker node in the Manage Nodes and Clouds / Configure Clouds section? I have setup a windows server for running windows based jenkins nodes/agents and I am having a hard time finding all the proper configuration settings.

I split this off of Java 11 as default in Docker images - #2 as its not really about the change to java 11 inside agent images.

I am having a hard time finding all the proper configuration settings.

What do you mean by proper? Is something not working that you want fixed?

Maybe @dduportal can share what they did for jenkins infra and windows vms (though I think its mostly via azure)

There appears to be zero documentation on the setup of windows agents that I can find and when I attempt to run a build on one I receive the error bellow, which indicates that it is attempting to run /bin/sh, which of course does not exist on windows. There has to be someone somewhere has to be using the feature, yes? However, I can’t find any examples of actually configuring a windows docker node within Jenkins, so I am not sure if the error is because of a configuration issue, a bug, or a combination of both.

Error:

com.github.dockerjava.api.exception.BadRequestException: {“message”:“container a1966484e2336cbb68018153e85cfb938e5dd7d20f4a3b0725ab96e3a18f8153 encountered an error during hcsshim::System::CreateProcess: failure in a Windows system call: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2) extra info: {“CommandLine”:”/bin/sh",“User”:“jenkins”,“WorkingDirectory”:“C:\\Users\\jenkins”,“Environment”:{“AGENT_WORKDIR”:“C:/Users/jenkins/Work”,“COMPLUS_NGenProtectedProcess_FeatureEnabled”:“0”,“NUGET_VERSION”:“5.9.1”,“ROSLYN_COMPILER_LOCATION”:“C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2019\\BuildTools\\MSBuild\\Current\\Bin\\Roslyn”},“EmulateConsole”:true,“CreateStdInPipe”:true,“CreateStdOutPipe”:true,“ConsoleSize”:[0,0]}"}

Even outside of jenkins, running real windows docker images inside of windows is fairly new. For a long time windows would run a linux vm and run docker on that. That doesn’t excuse the lack of docs, but between that and people being volunteer it might explain it a bit.

I’m guessing we’ll end up creating a bug for it. I’m by no means an expert, but I can help narrow it down for those who are. For now more information is needed.

• Are you running pipelines or freestyle or some other job type?
  • Are you able to share your pipeline at all? At least the statement(s) that cause the error?
  • I’m assuming based on the dockerjava.api stuff, your using tcp connection, did you configure that at all, or is that just something windows does out of the box?
  • Is the docker image your using public? Can we take a look? Or if its private, what is the FROM based on?

I vaguely remember a while back on irc investigating and finding isUnix() function didnt properly detect windows, but the person left and didn’t come back so we never got enough info to make a report.

1. We are using Windows Server 2016 Integrated Docker containers.
  2. I have created a custom base docker image for windows server 2016 based upon the publically available agent images on github.
  3. We are using a tcp connection yes, utilizing client certs. I am able to connect from a local machine and the “test connection” functionality in the Clouds returns “success”.
  4. The pipeline is just a simple hello world.

Pipeline:

pipeline {
agent {
label ‘windows’
}

stages {
    stage('Hello') {
        steps {
            echo 'Hello World'
        }
    }
}

}

Console Log:

Started by user [Jonathon Lamon (Admin)]
Running as [Jonathon Lamon (Admin)]
Running in Durability level: MAX_SURVIVABILITY
[Pipeline] Start of Pipeline
[Pipeline] node
Still waiting to schedule task
All nodes of label ‘[windows]’ are offline

Error on template:

Note: Disabled 1 min 58 sec ago due to error. Will re-enable in 3 min 1 sec.
Reason: Template provisioning failed.

com.github.dockerjava.api.exception.BadRequestException: {“message”:“container fb73c60dd664a5af19e7976d3696625c42ccd2089bbc9d33dd8c46c551f75012 encountered an error during hcsshim::System::CreateProcess: failure in a Windows system call: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2) extra info: {"CommandLine":"/bin/sh","User":"jenkins","WorkingDirectory":"C:\\Users\\jenkins","Environment":{"AGENT_WORKDIR":"C:/Users/jenkins/Work","COMPLUS_NGenProtectedProcess_FeatureEnabled":"0","NUGET_VERSION":"5.9.1","ROSLYN_COMPILER_LOCATION":"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2019\\BuildTools\\MSBuild\\Current\\Bin\\Roslyn"},"EmulateConsole":true,"CreateStdInPipe":true,"CreateStdOutPipe":true,"ConsoleSize":[0,0]}”} at com.github.dockerjava.netty.handler.HttpResponseHandler.channelRead0(HttpResponseHandler.java:99) at com.github.dockerjava.netty.handler.HttpResponseHandler.channelRead0(HttpResponseHandler.java:33) at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.handler.logging.LoggingHandler.channelRead(LoggingHandler.java:241) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageDecoder.channelRead(MessageToMessageDecoder.java:102) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:438) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:323) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:297) at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:253) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.handler.timeout.IdleStateHandler.channelRead(IdleStateHandler.java:286) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1432) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decodeJdkCompatible(SslHandler.java:1199) at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1243) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:502) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:441) at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:278) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:340) at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1434) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:362) at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:348) at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:965) at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:648) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:583) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:500) at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:462) at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:897) at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Base Image:

escape=`

#Base windows image with .net and jdk 8
FROM mcr[dot]microsoft[dot]com/dotnet/framework/sdk:4.8-windowsservercore-ltsc2016
SHELL [“powershell”, “-Command”, “$ErrorActionPreference = ‘Stop’; $ProgressPreference = ‘SilentlyContinue’;”]

#install jdk and add to environment

RUN Invoke-WebRequest “[http://]repos[dot]azul[dot]com/azure-only/zulu/packages/zulu-8/8u292/zulu-8-azure-jdk_8.54.0.21-8.0.292-win_x64.msi” -OutFile “$env:TEMP\azuld-jdk.msi” -UseBasicParsing ; Start-Process msiexec.exe -Wait -NoNewWindow -PassThru -ArgumentList "/i","$env:TEMP\azuld-jdk.msi","/qn","APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY=C:\PROGRA~1";
Remove-Item “$env:TEMP\azuld-jdk.msi” -Force;

RUN setx /M JRE_HOME ‘C:\Program Files\zulu-8\jre’
RUN setx /M JAVA_HOME ‘C:\Program Files\zulu-8’

#install git for windows

ARG GIT_VERSION=2.31.0
ARG GIT_PATCH_VERSION=1
RUN [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 ; $url = $('[https://]github[dot]com/git-for-windows/git/releases/download/v{0}.windows.{1}/MinGit-{0}-64-bit.zip' -f $env:GIT_VERSION, $env:GIT_PATCH_VERSION) ;
Write-Host “Retrieving $url…” ; Invoke-WebRequest $url -OutFile 'mingit.zip' -UseBasicParsing ;
Expand-Archive mingit.zip -DestinationPath c:\mingit ; `
Remove-Item mingit.zip -Force

ARG GIT_LFS_VERSION=2.13.2
RUN [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 ; $url = $('[https://]github[dot]com/git-lfs/git-lfs/releases/download/v{0}/git-lfs-windows-amd64-v{0}.zip' -f $env:GIT_LFS_VERSION) ;
Write-Host “Retrieving $url…” ; Invoke-WebRequest $url -OutFile 'GitLfs.zip' -UseBasicParsing ;
Expand-Archive GitLfs.zip -DestinationPath c:\mingit\mingw64\bin ; Remove-Item GitLfs.zip -Force ;
& C:\mingit\cmd\git.exe lfs install ; $CurrentPath = (Get-Itemproperty -path 'hklm:\system\currentcontrolset\control\session manager\environment' -Name Path).Path ;
$NewPath = $CurrentPath + ‘;C:\mingit\cmd’ ; `
Set-ItemProperty -path ‘hklm:\system\currentcontrolset\control\session manager\environment’ -Name Path -Value $NewPath

Agent Image:

escape=`

#Base jenkins agent with .net 4.8, jdk8, and jenkins agent
#based upon images @ [https://]github[dot]com/jenkinsci/docker-agent
FROM /windows:windowsservercore-net48-zulujdk8

ARG VERSION=4.7
LABEL Description=“This is a base image, which provides the Jenkins agent executable (agent.jar)” Vendor=“Jenkins project” Version=“${VERSION}”

#install jenkins agent
ARG user=jenkins

ARG AGENT_FILENAME=agent.jar
ARG AGENT_HASH_FILENAME=$AGENT_FILENAME.sha1

RUN net user “$env:user” /add /expire:never /passwordreq:no ; net localgroup Administrators /add $env:user ;
Set-LocalUser -Name $env:user -PasswordNeverExpires 1; `
New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins | Out-Null

ARG AGENT_ROOT=C:/Users/user ARG AGENT_WORKDIR={AGENT_ROOT}/Work

ENV AGENT_WORKDIR=${AGENT_WORKDIR}

Get the Agent from the Jenkins Artifacts Repository

RUN [Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 ; Invoke-WebRequest $('[https://]repo[dot]jenkins-ci[dot]org/public/org/jenkins-ci/main/remoting/{0}/remoting-{0}.jar' -f $env:VERSION) -OutFile $(Join-Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins $env:AGENT_FILENAME) -UseBasicParsing ;
Invoke-WebRequest $(‘[https://]repo[dot]jenkins-ci[dot]org/public/org/jenkins-ci/main/remoting/{0}/remoting-{0}.jar.sha1’ -f $env:VERSION) -OutFile (Join-Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins $env:AGENT_HASH_FILENAME) -UseBasicParsing ; if ((Get-FileHash (Join-Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins $env:AGENT_FILENAME) -Algorithm SHA1).Hash -ne (Get-Content (Join-Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins $env:AGENT_HASH_FILENAME))) {exit 1} ;
Remove-Item -Force (Join-Path C:/ProgramData/Jenkins $env:AGENT_HASH_FILENAME)

USER $user

RUN New-Item -Type Directory $(‘{0}/.jenkins’ -f $env:AGENT_ROOT) | Out-Null ; `
New-Item -Type Directory $env:AGENT_WORKDIR | Out-Null

VOLUME {AGENT_ROOT}/.jenkins VOLUME {AGENT_WORKDIR}
WORKDIR ${AGENT_ROOT}

Oh this is great information…

ah, your using docker templated agents, not using docker agents inside of pipelines. I know less about that than I do windows agents.

Based on docker-plugin/DockerComputerConnector.java at a33c764feda6a6ad7c4cf709c04c966610ceab5f · jenkinsci/docker-plugin · GitHub I’m guessing for your templates your not providing your own command? I don’t know what the equiv is in windows, cmd or pwsh or something?

The only other mention is ssh keys, and i don’t think that applies - docker-plugin/DockerComputerSSHConnector.java at fd1ea7ded448f7767ae33cef5d9683fb977a1175 · jenkinsci/docker-plugin · GitHub

That is kind of what I came here to find out because of the error. IE if I could actually provision my own command and asked about the configuration settings. I do not see where in the UI I would tell it to use something other than /bin/sh. Is it what I would configure below?

Would that even work? Seems odd it would be configuration of the node template and not at the node level itself.

Apparently that is the correct thing to set.

I set “Docker Command” to “cmd”. Then received an error because I had the root file system set to C:/Users/jenkins/Work with an error that it didn’t exist in the container. Changed that to C:/Users/jenkins and now I received the following error:

Connecting to docker container 75cb203f471b55bea89fac91dd7aa616b8c93fa8bb0efe93a049da2b5817f3fb, running command java -jar C:/Users/jenkins/remoting-4.7.jar -noReconnect -noKeepAlive -agentLog C:/Users/jenkins/agent.log
HTTP/1.1 101 UPGRADED
Content-Type: application/vnd.docker.raw-stream
Connection: Upgrade
Upgrade: tcp
Api-Version: 1.41
Docker-Experimental: false
Ostype: windows
Server: Docker/20.10.5 (windows)
container 75cb203f471b55bea89fac91dd7aa616b8c93fa8bb0efe93a049da2b5817f3fb encountered an error during hcsshim::System::CreateProcess: failure in a Windows system call: The requested compute system operation is not valid in the current state. (0xc0370105) extra info: {“CommandLine”:“java -jar C:/Users/jenkins/remoting-4.7.jar -noReconnect -noKeepAlive -agentLog C:/Users/jenkins/agent.log”,“User”:“jenkins”,“WorkingDirectory”:“C:\Users\jenkins”,“Environment”:{“AGENT_WORKDIR”:“C:/Users/jenkins/Work”,“COMPLUS_NGenProtectedProcess_FeatureEnabled”:“0”,“NUGET_VERSION”:“5.9.1”,“ROSLYN_COMPILER_LOCATION”:“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Roslyn”},“CreateStdInPipe”:true,“CreateStdOutPipe”:true,“CreateStdErrPipe”:true,“ConsoleSize”:[0,0]}
ERROR: Unexpected error in launching an agent. This is probably a bug in Jenkins

Hello @jonl_percsol , could you provide a minimalistic reproduction case (such as a docker-compose that I could use on my Windows machine with Docker, to start a Jenkins controller with the correct setup) please? It’s really hard to guess what is going wrong without having the configuration.

The error you seem to have seems related to seomthing happening while the container is starting. There are different way of debugging it, like you would with a normal Linux Docker container (or Kubernetes pods):

• If you can disable the “Agent deletion”, you can check with docker ps -a on the Windows Server with the Docker Engine that you have the failed agent. Then, get the logs of the agent with docker logs <container id> to get a glimpse of what happened.
  • Some requirement for an inbound agent might be missing in your setup (can the container route back to the controller, or can the controller route to the agent if using SSH? ). With the “HTTP/101 upgraded”, I bet that websocket might be the culprit: could be worth it to try without websockets).
    You might want to create a “static agent” of type “inbound/jnlp” and spawn manually an interactive windows container, basd on your image, to run the full java command that is expected to start the agent (the whole java -jar <...> command shown on the Jenkins UI) : any error here (that would certainly mathc what you see on your failed container logs) would help to indicate what is going wrong.

To answer what we (the jenkins-infra) do with Windows containers:

• Either we have Windows Server (with Docker) agents dynamically provisionned on Azure or EC2 to provide a VM with a Docker Engine within
  • Either we use Azure ACI service to spawn containers (Kubernetes incoming as alternative).
    => we do NOT use the “docker-plugin” as we need dynamic capability which is not provided by a single machine with Docker, so the context is different than yours as I udnerstand it.

We are running a Windows Server 2016 with Docker. On a separate linux server I am running Jenkins. I do not know of a way that I would be able to recreate a minimal test case that could be easily deployed. What I have done is added the Windows Server Docker instance as a cloud connecting over tcp. It is the configuration of this cloud that I am attempting to get right. Below is my current configuration:

Clouds:

Docker:

Name: docker-win-build
Docker Host URI: tcp://<ip/hostname>:2376
Server Credentials:
Enabled
Expose DOCKER_HOST
Container Cap: 100

Docker Agent Templates:
Labels: windows
Enabled
Name: Windows Server Core 1809 with JDK8
Docker Image: /jenkins/agents/jdk8-windowservercore-2016:latest (this is the agent image in my comment above)
Docker Command:cmd
Remote File System Root: C:/Users/jenkins
Usage: Only build jobs with label expressions matching this node
Connect method: Attach Docker container
User: jenkins

Was there any progression regarding this topic? I have a really similar setup to @jonl_percsol and wanted to know if this is actually possible or no.

Hi @PedroMorais11 coudl you give us more details on your setup please?

• Jenkins core version?
  • Associated Java version?
  • List of plugins (and versions)?
  • Operating System version and topology (VM? Multiples VMs?)?
  • Docker exact version (docker info)?
  • Configuration of the Docker-cloud plugin that you are using (you can share the relevant YAML section of the Jenkins Config as Code export: easier than a screenshot to help you)
  • Logs from both Jenkins and the failed containers?
  • The Dockerfile (or the public image name) of the Docker image that you are using. I’m interested into the component version inside that image (JDK version, Jenkins agent remoting version)?

I just ran into that issue too, and it appears that configuring a “Docker Command” under “Container Settings” will skip populating it with the default setting as “/bin/sh”

Relevant code DockerComputerConnector.java (docker-plugin)

108     /**
109      * Ensure container is already set with a command, or set one to make it wait
110      * indefinitely
111      * 
112      * @param cmd The {@link CreateContainerCmd} to be adjusted.
113      */
114     protected void ensureWaiting(@Nonnull CreateContainerCmd cmd) {
115         final String[] cmdAlreadySet = cmd.getCmd();
116         if (cmdAlreadySet == null || cmdAlreadySet.length == 0) {
117             // no command has been set, we need one that will just hang. Typically "sh" waiting for stdin
118             cmd.withCmd("/bin/sh")
119                .withTty(true)
120                .withAttachStdin(false);
121         }
122     }

Still haven’t gotten it working though …

Okay after spending quite a bit of time on this, I think I figured it out.

Use of “cmd.exe” won’t keep the session up, you need to explicitly execute a infinite sleep command or something equivalent thereof.

I resorted into writing a C:/ProgramData/Jenkins/pausesleep.ps1 script with the following content:

for ( ; ; ) { sleep 1 } ;

Include that into the container VM, then enter the following for the Container Command field:

powershell.exe -f C:/ProgramData/Jenkins/pausesleep.ps1

The way I gather the Docker Cloud Agent templates works is that the docker image you include contains:

1. A version of Java installed
  2. Some way to execute a infinite loop as the “Start Command”
    • Specify an EntryPoint command with infinite loop properties, or
    • Enter the Docker CMD to execute an infinite loop

As I understand this, there are actually multiple things happening under the “hood”.

• A docker start command is issued
  • A docker attach command is later issued to upload the remoteing agent.jar, and run it

Unless you are planning on setting up the image via JNLP or some other way (docker/inbound-agent?); there is no need for the image itself to include the remoteing agent. At least for my case, I also could skip installation of “git” in the image as we use Helix Perforce and the Jenkins Remote agent is quite capable of syncing the source code using their P4Java API.

As there is very little documentation on this, maybe I’ll one day write a blog post about it.

Also to be noted, I was able to get this working with a vanilla Docker Engine installation on my Windows Server '22 using the default setitngs. However, you’ll eventually run into another snag with poor networking performance.

In an administrative powershell session on the windows server hosting the containers, run the command:

Get-NetAdapterRsc | Disable-NetAdapterRsc

This will improve the networking performance in the windows container to an acceptable level.

Writing a Jenkinsfile using a declarative pipeline for Windows is yet another issue. Once you get there, you’ll find that pipeline steps you are used to on a Linux system will need some tuning. You’ll probably be using e.g. bat or powershell closures.

stage("Build") { 
   steps {
       script {
            powershell script: '''
                .\gradle.bat "-no-daemon" build
            '''
       }
   }
}

The powershell script won’t finish if there are processes left hanging in your session, so disabling the daemon functionality is important here. Another issue is to deal with masking of credentials are different on Windows than on Linux. You’ll have to google it to figure this out, but simply exposing credentials via the environment and then hoping it will be searched and replaced using string interpolation didn’t seem to work for me.

Also, relying on tools closure and having the Jenkins remote agent push these tools across didn’t seem to work for me either.

Adding Docker Command as, powershell.exe Start-Sleep -Seconds 3600 , worked for me.

Dockerfile

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019
# SHELL ["powershell"]

ARG JRE_MAJOR_VERSION=11
ARG JRE_FULL_VERSION=11.0.15.9-1

## Install OpenJDK 11 JRE ##
RUN mkdir c:\\temp
RUN PowerShell -Command Invoke-WebRequest -URI "https://github.com/ojdkbuild/ojdkbuild/releases/download/java-%JRE_MAJOR_VERSION%-openjdk-%JRE_FULL_VERSION%/java-%JRE_MAJOR_VERSION%-openjdk-jre-%JRE_FULL_VERSION%.windows.ojdkbuild.x86_64.zip" -OutFile c:\\temp\\jre.zip
RUN PowerShell -Command Expand-Archive c:\\temp\\jre.zip -DestinationPath c:\\jre
RUN PowerShell -Command mv 'c:\\jre\\java-%JRE_MAJOR_VERSION%-openjdk-jre-%JRE_FULL_VERSION%.windows.ojdkbuild.x86_64\\*' 'c:\\jre\\'
RUN PowerShell -Command rm 'c:\\jre\\java-%JRE_MAJOR_VERSION%-openjdk-jre-%JRE_FULL_VERSION%.windows.ojdkbuild.x86_64'

## Set JAVA_HOME and update PATH ##
RUN PowerShell -Command $newPath = ('{0}\\bin;{1}' -f $env:JAVA_HOME, $env:PATH); \
     [Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable('PATH', $newPath, [EnvironmentVariableTarget]::Machine)
RUN PowerShell -Command Write-Host $env:PATH
RUN PowerShell -Command Write-Host $env:JAVA_HOME
RUN java -version

## Create jenkins workdir ##
RUN mkdir C:\\Users\\jenkins
WORKDIR C:\\Users\\jenkins