Save fails with Type:Error: e.getAttribute is not a function (form not submitted)

i am using jenkins version [Jenkins 2.401.1]

The usual cause of that message is a plugin that has not been updated for configuration form modernization that was performed in Jenkins 2.277.1. Follow the detailed instructions in the earlier post to identify the plugin causing the issue.

“I get an error …” is hard to remote debug. Try to always include these 3 things.

1. what did you try? (Code samples, command lines, screenshots, videos, etc)
  2. what did happen? (Error messages, description, outputs, stuff)
  3. what did you expect to happen?

Otherwise, it’s hard for us to get into your context and you’ll have to have someone who is exactly knowledgeable come along.

Refer to “How to report an issue” for the type of information that others will need before they can help you.

Hello

I setup a ec2 Linux instance on aws. I installed the Jenkins on it. Now I am trying to integrate the code commit trigger plugin. In the Configure System Page, When I choose my AWS credentials, Select the region as ap-southeast-1, selected by queue, and click on test button, it is showing successful.

But when I am clicking on Apply or OK button at the bottom to save these changes, I receive the error Type:Error: e.getAttribute is not a function(form not submitted) and also shown in the screenshot below.

My jenkins version is 2.401.3

That message and behavior matches with what I described earlier when I said:

Have you followed the detailed instructions in the earlier post to identify the plugin causing the issue?

You may also want to reconsider whether you should use the AWS codecommit trigger plugin, since it has an unresolved security vulnerability.