Plugin site improvement suggestion

Context: Currently working on deploying a new Jenkins instance, and I started using the LTS version (2.346.2) though found that I would come across plugins which don’t support that version
Improvement On Jenkins Plugin Search Page have a way to filter by required version

Do have a plugin in mind? It shouldn’t happen very often.

I’m curious what kind of UI could be used for that. Jenkins has at least 500 releases. Even if you limit it to the last couple of years it’s still hundreds of release. I guess a drop-down of version might work. Anything else seems unweldy

UI Wise I would think a slider would increments being the version numbers so you could specify a range.

As to a specific plugin, I noticed it more that as I was using LTS that a number of plugins would complain that there were new plugins available but weren’t supported by LTS.

I noticed it more that as I was using LTS that a number of plugins would complain that there were new plugins available but weren’t supported by LTS.

The vast majority of which support the Jenkins LTS release with a slightly older version, so it’s not like you get nothing. Most of these plugins depend on a recent weekly Jenkins release just to adapt to its UI changes, so it’s not like you miss out of substantial features.