Pipeline jobs are failing with jira integration errors

Hi Experts,

I am facing issue with jenkins pipeline after jenkins migration. we have jenkins integrated with jira. And i am getting below error from the logs.

WARNING: Unknown parameter(s) found for class type ‘hudson.plugins.jira.selector.JqlIssueSelector’: expand

I could not find anything in google. Please help me here.

Hello Santosh,

I’m not an expert, but let’s see if we can get more information. :thinking:
What version of Jenkins are you running now? On which operating system? With which JDK? What is the version of your Jira plugin?
What version of Jenkins did you migrate from?

To me, this looks like a warning, not like an error.
What is the behavior you’re witnessing?
Is anything error-related showing in the UI, or anything else in the logs?
What about the JIRA side, do you have any logs to share?
Thanks.

Have you upgraded Jenkins recently? If so, did you also upgrade plugins? This looks to me like an old parameter type definition that might be upgradable via a plugin upgrade, but I am just guessing. If you can provide some more information like @poddingue requested, it will be easier to help.

1 Like

I have a requirment to move jenkins application from one linux server(RHEL 6) to another linux server(rhel 8).

In old linux server java version is 1.8 which is not support for jenkins and i have installed java 11 on new server.

Later i have copied jenkins home directory to new server and ran below command.

java -Xmx2048m -Djava.awt.headless=true -DJENKINS_HOME=/icctools/jenkins/prod/project -jar /icctools/jenkins/prod/war/jenkins.war --httpPort=8080 --debug=5 --handlerCountMax=100 --handlerCountMaxIdle=20

jenkins did not comeup .somewhere i read the forums there i found un supported jars like phyton and ruby an i have delted them. then jenkins server cameup.

surpirsingly jenkins version also got upgraded to Jenkins 2.361.4 . on old server jenkisn version is 2.204.

Below are some wornings
WARNING h.ExpressionFactory2$JexlExpression#evaluate: Caught exception evaluating: job.buildHealthReports in /. Reason: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ‘com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListeningExecutorService com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.sameThreadExecutor()’
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.support.concurrent.Futures.transform(Futures.java:243)

2023-01-24 06:24:09.644+0000 [id=276] WARNING h.ExpressionFactory2$JexlExpression#evaluate: Caught exception evaluating: job.iconColor.iconName in /. Reason: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ‘com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListeningExecutorService com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors.sameThreadExecutor()’
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.support.concurrent.Futures.transform(Futures.java:243)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.support.pickles.serialization.RiverReader.restorePickles(RiverReader.java:156)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsFlowExecution.loadProgramAsync(CpsFlowExecution.java:774)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.cps.CpsFlowExecution.onLoad(CpsFlowExecution.java:740)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.getExecution(WorkflowRun.java:668)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowRun.onLoad(WorkflowRun.java:529)
at hudson.model.RunMap.retrieve(RunMap.java:233)

Caused: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor149.invoke(Unknown Source)

@slide_o_mix @poddingue any suggestions on my issue. Thanks in advance

Did you go into the plugin manager and upgrade the plugins after upgrading Jenkins itself?

I have tried that but jenkins is not coming up after installing all plugins