LDAP connection test keeps failing

I am using LDAP plugin to connect to the LDAP server (https://plugins.jenkins.io/ldap/).
When I want to test the connection, Iam I keep getting the fallowing message
“A problem occurred while processing the request.
Logging ID=06b1d7ed-5632-4ccc-9513-8868b1c05745”. Normally I should see an overview but this is not the case.

In Jenkins log I see the following:

Error while serving http://xxxxxxx:8080/descriptorByName/hudson.security.LDAPSecurityRealm/validate java.lang.NullPointerException at hudson.security.LDAPSecurityRealm$DescriptorImpl.validate(LDAPSecurityRealm.java:1589) at hudson.security.LDAPSecurityRealm$DescriptorImpl.validate(LDAPSecurityRealm.java:1589ity) $DescriptorImpl.doValidate(LDAPSecurityRealm.java:1544) at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandle.invokeWithArguments(MethodHandle.java:710) at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$MethodFunction.invoke:(Function.javaction.java) ) Caused: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$MethodFunction.invoke(Function.java:401) at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function$InstanceFunction.invoke(Function.java:409) at org .kohsuke.stapler.interceptor.RequirePOST$Processor.invoke(RequirePOST.java:78) at org.kohsuke.stapler.PreInvokeInterceptedFunction.invoke(PreInvokeInterceptedFunction.java:26) at org.kohsuke.bindlerAnd.Function. :207) at org.kohsuke.stapler.Function.bindAndInvokeAndServeResponse(Function.java :140) at org.kohsuke.stapler.MetaClass$11.doDispatch(MetaClass.java:558) at org.kohsuke.stapler.NameBasedDispatcher.dispatch(NameBasedDispatcher.java:59) at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler.tryInvoke(Stapler .java:766) at org.kohsuke.stapler.Stapler.invoke(Stapler.java:898).

Anyone any idea what I can do?
LDAP plugin version: 2.10
Jenkins version: 2.354
Mailer Plugin Version: 414.vcc4c33714601

Were you able to resolve the issue? I’m receiving the exact same error and I’m not sure why

No not yet. I’ve tried literally everything.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/ldap-plugin/blob/e55d225ba2ef6c99ba9b3336fa4be9d8880be2c9/src/main/java/hudson/security/LDAPSecurityRealm.java#L1589 loops though something related to configs.

Did you report a bug? Did you upgrade the plugin? Did you restart jenkins? Did you look at th the listing bug list?

@h0usn1 just so you know, I’m still receiving an error when I use the “test ldap settings” button, but I tried to login with an LDAP user and it works,

Looks like the test button is not working, but the plugin works fine regards of that,

Regards,

It is likely a bug introduced recently and there is a bug report [JENKINS-68748] NullPointerException when using "Test LDAP settings" button - Jenkins Jira

I am also getting same error after update version 2.365…were able to resolve the issue

how to resolve it
:heart_eyes:

The error is misleading…the LDAP plugin is yust working fine

It’s really the case.
thanks

What can be cause of this error

looking at LDAP i would say its either [JENKINS-68748] NullPointerException when using "Test LDAP settings" button (regression in 2.342) - Jenkins Jira (as saper said) or [JENKINS-69330] Test LDAP Settings doesn't yield a user visible response - Jenkins Jira

Either way, its up the maintainers to fix. I think its the test button thats broken, I think you can just hit save and move on, but i also don’t use ldap plugin, so i can’t say for certain.