Hacktoberfest 2021 - join us!

Hi all! Creating this topic for a discussion of Hacktoberfest 2021. It is is a month long celebration of open source software. It happens every year in October. During this event everyone can support open-source by contributing changes, and then earn a limited edition swag. We are going to participate as the Jenkins community, and we are looking for contributors and maintainers who want to join us in October!

More info:

4 Likes

Hacktoberfest 2021 has been officially announced: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/ ! As always, we will be participating in the Jenkins community. We will have a grand opening on Oct 02 as a part of the Jenkins contributor summit. We are also looking for featured project ideas, speakers (contributing to Jenkins contributor experiences, etc.) and event organizers!

1 Like

I am thinking on proposing a featured topic about “French translation” because the french coverage of Jenkins is there but not fully covered and it’s a really easy way to begin to contribute for French speaking persons :slight_smile:

I have in mind to add it to Hacktoberfest and I think I am going to prepare an Epic in Jira, is it ok to have an Epic just for hacktober fest, like “French translation for Hacktober fest 2021” ?

I have in mind to do a search to see if I can take some already existing issues (I have only found one so far JENKINS-61489)

4 Likes

Happy to support it @ajard !

The hacktoberfest topic “translation” is ready for review, I am not sure on who to ping, if anyone here want to have a look feel free to do it :slight_smile: Proposing a french localization topic for hacktober fest 2021 by aHenryJard · Pull Request #4561 · jenkins-infra/jenkins.io · GitHub

I had some DM to do other language (it seems to be a very easy first contribution for people that are comfortable in other languages than English) so I added it, but with the warning that I can only review French one.

2 PRs on jenkins.io:

1 Like

First part of Jenkins contributing HOW-TO guidelines is now available! @MarkEWaite @wfollonier @uhafner describe how to contribute to Jenkins and the featured projects: 2021 10 02 Jenkins Contributor Summit / Hacktoberfest - YouTube

1 Like

Hi, I have looked to participate to Mattermost project as part as hacktoberfest (I didn’t finally… not enough time sadly…) but I have see that they are using this for language Languages @ Mattermost Weblate and I found it awesome. I don’t know if Jenkins localization could fit there but it would be way more easy for people to contribute to languages. So I am sharing the link to whoever is interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, FYI a French :fr: blog on Hacktoberfest (Duchess & Jenkins), I am preparing a shorter English version for jenkins.io blog… soon… (shorter because I am not so good on translation :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the French version! Could you please post it on social media? I will get the French social media accounts to repost it