[GSoC 2023 - Project Idea] Building Jenkins.io with alternative tools

@krisstern, what steps can we take to ensure our ideas align with Jenkins project standards and increase the chances of acceptance? Let’s discuss this.

1 Like

Hello @iamrajiv i’m a bit new to this and would like to know exactly what this projects brings to the table(i’m new here)?

1 Like

Hello @NilayGupta and @iamrajiv,

These are very good questions. Shortly we will hold online session (called Office Hours) where projects ideas will be clarified and where we will be available to answer all questions you will have.

Have a look to the blog post that I just published for more details: "On your marks, get set, ..."

/- Jmm

1 Like

Hi @iamrajiv I have edited the Jenkins project for the “Building Jenkins.io with alternative tools” idea page. We could discuss more during Friday’s (tomorrow’s) Docs office hour if you will be free.

Yeah sure, @krisstern.

After some discussions previously we have decided to use both Antora and Gatsy for the GSoC project, with Gatsby more for the blog and Antora more for the core documentation.

Cool

I did some work on getting it more asciidoc friendly - GitHub - halkeye/gatsby-jenkins-io: Prototype version of jenkins.io using gatsby (Though personally I’d use markdown or mdx for blog, its so much more friendly)

also @jenkinsci/gatsby-plugin-jenkins-layout - npm takes care of header and footer.

1 Like

Also, let me add more details to the idea’s page for this project based on your info soon @halkeye

Hello Team,

Have a good day! I am Murugeshwari Subramanian and I am a career break QA professional, I got Know about this project through GSOC and I am very excited to be a part of this project, Kindly guide me How to start contributing this project.

1 Like

Hi @Muru The official GSoC application has already opened and we welcome you to submit your project proposal to be considered by us via https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/. For more details about this project idea, check out Building Jenkins.io with alternative tools. For info about how to prepare for your proposal, please see Google Summer of Code. Information for GSoC Contributors. Do keep in mind the application deadline is April 4th, 2023 UTC, so you have about a week left to submit your application via Google.

1 Like