Deprecated plugins and warning messages in Jenkins GUI

In my jenkins account under manage jenkins we have seen the below following messages and warnings: -

1)The following installed plugins are deprecated
2) New version of Jenkins (2.393) is available for [download]
3)Warnings have been published for the following currently installed components:

If we update our jenkins to 2.393 then we will not see deprecated plugins and warnings in new jenkins 2.393 version?

How to resolve the deprecated plugins and warnings in jenkins

Please help to resolve the case.

If we update our jenkins to 2.393 then we will not see deprecated plugins and warnings in new jenkins 2.393 version?

No, this does only remove 2 but not 3. You need to update the plugins as well.

And deprecated plugins should be remove, otherwise the message will not disappear.

how to update the deprecated plugins? because I don’t have any update option to update plugins directly

Iam totally confused that how to install and upgrade the deprecated plugins.

Thanks,
Prudhviraju

You can’t. They are simply not supported anymore and need to be removed and not upgraded.

A video tutorial on removing plugins is available from:

1 Like

we will face any issues in our running pipeline? because plugins are deprecated right.

Gain how to get that plugins? Do we need to update jenkins to latest version is only option?

Can we fix the below warnings?
Warnings have been published for the following currently installed components:

Jenkins 2.271 core and libraries
Multiple security vulnerabilities in Jenkins 2.318 and earlier, LTS 2.303.2 and earlier
Multiple security vulnerabilities in Jenkins 2.314 and earlier, LTS 2.303.1 and earlier
Multiple security vulnerabilities in Jenkins 2.355 and earlier, LTS 2.332.3 and earlier
HTTP/2 denial of service vulnerability in bundled Jetty
Multiple security vulnerabilities in Jenkins 2.299 and earlier, LTS 2.289.1 and earlier
CSRF vulnerability in build triggers
DoS vulnerability in bundled XStream library

Mailer Plugin 1.32.1
CSRF vulnerability and missing permission checks
Subversion Plug-in 2.13.2
CSRF vulnerability
Path traversal vulnerability allows reading arbitrary files
Stored XSS vulnerability

was that to me? You can download the plugin manager cli .jar file. You can specify specific versions, or use --latest. I recommend reading the docs.

2.271 is very old, released on 2020-12-15
Support for jenkins is purely done by volunteer biases. We generally don’t give help for old versions, we barely handle issues with modern versions.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry I totally replied to the wrong topic, I thought we were talking about GitHub - jenkinsci/plugin-installation-manager-tool: Plugin Manager CLI tool for Jenkins

I’m not sure what plugin you are talking about. Depreciated plugins should still be installable. Suspended plugins are no longer available for good reasons.

those can not be fixed unless you upgrade

Thank u so much now iam clear