when im creating new node i get at UI
A problem occurred while processing the request.
how can i monitor and know what cause the problem.
thanks for helpers
“it doesn’t work” is always hard to remote debug. Try to always include these 3 things.
- what did you try? (Code samples, command lines, screenshots, videos, etc)
- what did happen? (Error messages, description, outputs, stuff)
- what did you expect to happen?
Otherwise, it’s hard for us to get into your context and you’ll have to have someone who is exactly knowledgeable come along.
Jenkins typically provides logs and error messages that can help you identify what went wrong. Here’s how you couldmonitor and troubleshoot such issues:
- Check Jenkins Logs:
- Go to your Jenkins server’s filesystem and locate the Jenkins log files. The location of these files can vary depending on your Jenkins installation. Common locations include
/var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log on Linux systems or the Jenkins home directory.
- Open the Jenkins log file in a text editor or use a command like
cat to view the last few lines of the log.
- Review Error Messages:
- Look for error messages or exceptions in the logs. These messages can provide information about what caused the problem.
- Pay attention to timestamps to identify when the issue occurred.
- Search for Stack Traces:
- Stack traces are detailed error messages that show where in the code the error occurred. Look for stack traces in the logs.
- The stack trace often contains the name of the Java class or plugin that caused the problem.
- Check Jenkins UI Console:
- In Jenkins, go to the “Manage Jenkins” section and check the “System Log.” This may provide additional error messages or warnings.
- Examine Configuration Changes:
- Consider any recent changes to your Jenkins configuration, including changes to your Jenkins job configurations or the installation of new plugins. Sometimes, misconfigurations or plugin conflicts can cause issues.
- Jenkins Plugin Compatibility:
- Ensure that you are using compatible versions of Jenkins and any plugins you are using. Incompatibilities can lead to issues.