Can Jenkins be installed on a 32 bit operating system?

Hola!
¿se puede instalar Jenkins en un ordenador de 32b?
Gracias!

The Java requirements page notes that:

The Jenkins project performs a full test flow with the following JDK/JREs:

• OpenJDK JDK / JRE 11 - 64 bits
  • OpenJDK JDK / JRE 17 - 64 bits

The Linux support policy notes that 32 bit Linux versions are considered as a “level 2” operating system. It says:

Support may have limitations and extra requirements. We do not test compatibility, and we may drop support at any time. We consider patches that do not put level 1 support at risk and do not create maintenance overhead.

The Windows support policy classifies 32 bit operating systems as level 3 and says:

Support may have limitations and extra requirements. We do not test compatibility, and we may drop support if there is a need. We will consider patches if they do not put Level 1/2 support at risk and do not create maintenance overhead.

The Jenkins project does not support Jenkins on any operating system that is end of life for the operating system provider. Thus, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, CentOS 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, and other operating systems that are not supported by the operating system provider are not tested or supported by the Jenkins project.

1 Like

¿ni siquiera como entorno de aprendizaje o simplemente para hacer alguna prueba?
(es que, aparte de mi ordendor principal, tengo otro ordenador con Windows 7 y me gustaría configurarlo como esclavo)

You’re welcome to install on any computer that you want. Jenkins requires Java 11 or Java 17. Questions related to an operating system that is beyond its end of life will either be ignored or will be answered as “not supported” without any further investigation.

A friend of mine has installed a Jenkins agent on a RISC-V computer running Linux. I’ve installed and run Jenkins agents on 32 bit ARM. Others have installed on 32 bit Windows running operating systems that are beyond their end of life. If it helps you, you’re welcome to run it.

You’re less likely to receive answers to questions that are specific to a computer that is end of life and you’re more likely to have problems running current Java versions on unsupported operating systems, but you’re certainly welcome to run them.

1 Like

Gracias! Solo una pregunta más:
¿Cuál es el enlace desde donde puedo descargar un Jenkins que se pueda instalar en Windows 7?
El enlace que hay aquí (Jenkins download and deployment) da error al intentar instalarlo en dicho Windows.

I’ve reached my limit on answering questions about Windows 7. This will be my last comment on this topic.

Jenkins does not support operating systems that are not supported by the operating system provider.

If you download the WAR file, you can run it with the Java command line as described in the WAR file installation instructions

Una pregunta más :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… no, en serio, gracias por todo!!

The Windows installer will not run on Windows 7. You will need to manually install using the war file and setup the Windows service manually. There is no guide to do this, you may have to look at the source for the installer (packaging/msi/build at master · jenkinsci/packaging · GitHub) in order to see what it does.

1 Like