Jenkins jenkins-2.462.1-rc released

jenkins jenkins-2.462.1-rc released

Please report issues found to the release candidate announcement thread.

Final release is scheduled for August 7th, 2024.

Download the release from the Jenkins artifact repository

After the final release, the official changelog and official upgrade guide will be available on www.jenkins.io/download. Refer to the changelog pull request for the current draft changelog and upgrade guide.

Hi Team,

We are planning to deploy Jenkins-2.462.1 on windows-11,

Could you please let us know jenkins-2.462.1 is compatible with windows 11 and required prerequisites?

Thanks & Regards

MI

Hi Momin,

It is compatible for windows 11.

Prerequisites:1. Java Installation:

• Jenkins requires Java (JRE or JDK). Ensure you have Java 11 or 17 installed.
  • Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your Java installation.1. Hardware Requirements:
  • Minimum: 256 MB of RAM and 1 GB of disk space.
  • Recommended: 1 GB+ of RAM and 50 GB+ of disk space for extensive builds.1. Permissions:
  • Ensure that you have administrative privileges for installation.
  • Set up Jenkins as a Windows service for better startup control and integration.

Regards

Vinay Shukla

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out.

Jenkins version 2.462.1 is compatible with Windows 11. However, before proceeding with the deployment, please ensure the following prerequisites are met:

1. Java Installation:

• Jenkins requires a Java Development Kit (JDK). Please ensure that JDK 11 or later is installed on the Windows 11 machine. You can download it from the Oracle JDK website or use OpenJDK.

2. System Requirements:

• Ensure the system meets the minimum hardware requirements for Jenkins, including adequate CPU and memory resources. A minimum of 4GB of RAM is recommended, but more may be needed depending on the number of jobs and plugins you plan to run.

3. Network Configuration:

• Make sure that the necessary network ports (default is 8080) are open and not blocked by any firewall or security software.

4. User Permissions:

• The user account under which Jenkins will run should have the necessary permissions to read/write to the installation directory and any directories used for Jenkins jobs.

5. Windows Service Installation:

• If you plan to run Jenkins as a Windows service, ensure that the service account has the necessary permissions to access network shares if required.

Once these prerequisites are in place, you should be able to proceed with the installation and configuration of Jenkins on your Windows 11 environment.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

1 Like

Hi Team,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Also, we have Jenkins-2.462.1 on EKS and planning to upgrade our client machines to windows-11.

Could you please let us know jenkins-2.462.1 is compatible with windows 11 and required any prerequisites to access Jenkins?

Thanks & Regards
MI

No i didn’t agre

في الثلاثاء، ٣ سبتمبر، ٢٠٢٤ ٤:٠٠ م irshad via Jenkins <notifications@jenkins.discoursemail.com> كتب:

1 Like

Hello Irshad,

I am not sure if it supports Windows 11.

I am using Ubuntu. You may want to Google/ check Jenkins product support info.

But, for sure you need to install ‘Plug-Ins’.

Sorry, I could not help you!

1 Like

Jenkins fully supports windows 11.
You can run the controller on windows 11 (though personally I would always prefer to run the controller on Linux) and you can connect agents to your controller (doesn’t matter if the controller itself runs windows or Linux) that run on windows 11.

1 Like

Hello, I have some questions about a couple of plugin issues (one major and one minor) I’ve observed after upgrading to 2.462.1, and wondering if anyone else had seen and/or had any thoughts about those? Thanks.

One of the issues is the patch parameter plugin (which hasn’t been updated in 10 years) being broken because of a casting issue that started happening after the upgrade. We’re having to remove the patch parameter from all affected to jobs to prevent the builds from crashing:

java.lang.ClassCastException: class org.apache.commons.fileupload2.core.DiskFileItem cannot be cast to class org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem (org.apache.commons.fileupload2.core.DiskFileItem and org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader @1725dc0f)

The 2nd issue is a minor one for the 832.va_66e270d2946 version of the Matrix Project plugin which was installed and working with 2.440.3.

After upgrading to 2.461.2, we’re seeing an extra hudson.matrix.JDKAxis entry <string>false</string> being added every time the configuration is saved through the web page.

I’m able to remove that entry from the config.xml file and reload the configuration, but it’s created again on any subsequent save configuration operation.

The problem with the path parameter is to be expected. See Upgrading to Jenkins LTS 2.462.x about the upgrade of the filelupload library. If you really need that plugin you should adopt the plugin and modernize it so it works with latest LTS.

1 Like

Hi mi,
I have already shared you the perquisite to you it will be remain same,You can easily upgrade to windows 11 without any issue.

Regards
Vinay Shukla

1 Like