Jenkins Error after upgrading to version 2.357

Hi,

I am getting the below error after upgrading Jenkins from version 2.356 to 2.357.

com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: hudson.security.GlobalMatrixAuthorizationStrategy

Appreciated if anyone can help me to solve this problem.

Kind Regards,
Dinesh.

1. 2.357 is a weekly. Its a good idea to keep an eye on the changelog to see what might have changed - Changelog
  2. Some big changes have gone into weeklies lately. Take a look at Jenkins LTS Upgrade Guide to get help upgrading between stable versions, but basically make sure your running recent versions of plugins, and java 11 or 17.
  3. We can’t really do anything with “an error happened”. We need to know info like what version of java, what versions of plugins, what you did to trigger it/what url. Probably following Issue Reporting guide and reporting an actual bug.
1 Like

Hi Gavin,

OK. Thanks for the reply. I will report an issue with all the details if I am not able to solve the error based on the mentioned guidelines.

Kind Regards,
Dinesh.

As @halkeye says it is hard to tell what exactly is going on without more information - please check your plugin manager and make sure all plugins that have been installed work and are up to date. Jenkins will also issue warnings at the top of the screen if things break.

In this particular case, most probably Matrix Authorization Strategy is not working or not properly installed.

Thanks @saper. We will check.

Kind Regards,
Dinesh.