Jenkins Build times out for Selenium job

I need help on this issue:

A Selenium TestNG job that has been running fine for over a year now, for a while now it’s been timing out on Jenkins even though ChromeDriver starts successfully. There’s nothing in the log to have an idea of what’s happening. It just times out even if time is increased to 30minutes. Below is a sample of Jenkins message.

Only local connections are allowed.
Please see ChromeDriver - WebDriver for Chrome - Security Considerations for suggestions on keeping ChromeDriver safe.
ChromeDriver was started successfully.
Oct 22, 2021 9:23:36 AM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake createSession
INFO: Detected dialect: W3C
Build timed out (after 10 minutes). Marking the build as aborted.
Build was aborted
Build Aborted. Not looking for any TestNG results.
Finished: ABORTED

Everything runs fine on my IDE and also through command prompt. I have checked some pages on what could be wrong but found no solution. Please I need someone to help me on this.

I’m sorry this isn’t a Jenkins problem. There are probably people around here that know selenium, Chrome driver and testng but I would recommend asking in one of those help forms so you get better help.

As a general rule though, turn on debugging in your code and look for logs, something is waiting. Maybe even add timeouts to your tests that end before the build timeouts so you get stacktraces

1 Like