Is it possible to use SVN 1.10 with the Subversion plugin?

We have updated to the latest Subversion plugin which now includes svnkit 1.10.9. Yet we are unable to select SVN versions 1.9 or 1.10 via the system configuration. Is anyone using SVN 1.10? And if so, how? Thanks in advance.

Hello @jim and welcome to this community :wave:

I don’t know or use this plugin, but do you think the problem you’re facing is directly caused by the plugin, or the underlying library?
If you think that could be the library, you could reach out to the library support forum community.
If you think it’s directly caused by the plugin, you could maybe have a look at the open issues or file an issue.

Thanks for the open issues link. Looks like this issue [JENKINS-57169] Make Subversion plugin support Subversion 1.10 - Jenkins Jira was first reported back it 2019 and is still unresolved. Digging a little deeper, it looks like F. Hickman just added support for the latest SVNKit. This would seemingly resolve the issue, but I don’t think he updated the GUI elements to allow one to select newer SVN versions. Or my system is not updating for some reason. That’s why I was hoping to hear from other users of the plugin. Thanks again.

1 Like

sadly, very selfishly, very few of the people using the forums come back to help others, and i think most of the regulars don’t use subversion.

Not trying to deter you, just manage expectations.

1 Like