I'm disappointed :(

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I’m not sure if I can comment all points in your list so I start with some general comments.

I think the new UI changes in the latest LTS versions are a huge improvement, making Jenkins attractive again. But I also see that some of these changes are not ideal for everybody (please also see New UI, form spacing and poor usability):

1. Some layout changes are a matter of taste and should be part of the Jenkins theming engine.
  2. Some changes are controversial and cannot be changed by a theme.
  3. Some changes are not yet finished and need to be fixed in the future.
  4. Plugins need to use the new concepts as well.

For 1., 3., 4. we currently have the problem that actually only a couple of Jenkins developers are left over and no new volunteers step up to actually help to make the user experience better. I also noticed this in my own plugins as well: nobody steps up to actually fix a problem anymore - even for simple one hour tasks.

For 2. I think it would make sense to either create an issue in Jira or bring the topic to the UX meeting. E.g.:

1. I always liked the idea of the drop-down menus next to the breadcrumbs reachable by always visible

This is also a UI change that IMHO provides a bad user experience, especially when using in conjunction with Update link dropdown menus to use new Tippy dropdowns by janfaracik · Pull Request #7474 · jenkinsci/jenkins · GitHub. Maybe this is a good point for the UX meeting today? The same should be done for a lot of your other points.

1 Like