I am getting the following error Setup failed: WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: MSEdge failed to start: was killed

Setup failed:
WebDriverException: Message: unknown error: MSEdge failed to start: was killed.
(unknown error: DevToolsActivePort file doesn’t exist)
(The process started from msedge location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe is no longer running, so MSEdgeDriver is assuming that MSEdge has crashed.)

Any help will be appreciated. I am trying to run robot framework project to build using Jenkins

its not really a jenkins question though

@halkeye Thank you so much for your response. I use pycharm with robot framework and selenium library. It works well when I run the command from pycharm without any issue. but when I am running the same code from Jenkins “Build Now” It is giving an error.

In Pycharm IDE we just use the library but we don’t write any of this code.

Anyway I will dig into this. I saw this tread too…

I think in general, jenkins windows agents are running as windows service accounts, they might not be able to launch certain types of apps?

Did it ever work? or is this the first attempt?

Thank you for the help. I am doing this for the first time. It worked in my other laptop. I set the same way. May be you are right, I will take a look at the Jenkins Service and update you

@nanduIyer if you the solution.please post I am facing this issue in Jenkins only

1 Like