Found this error while using git repository to build

Started by user Shreyas Upadhyaya [Fri Jul 15 15:31:02 IST 2022] Starting branch indexing… > git --version # timeout=10 > git --version # ‘git version 2.25.1’ using GIT_ASKPASS to set credentials first jenkins project > git ls-remote --symref – link of repo # timeout=10 ERROR: [Fri Jul 15 15:31:17 IST 2022] Could not update folder level actions from source 99894c22-b2be-4d2c-b459-20c9bb15cacf [Fri Jul 15 15:31:17 IST 2022] Finished branch indexing. Indexing took 15 sec FATAL: Failed to recompute children of Test_payload_drop hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git ls-remote --symref – link of repo returned status code 128: stdout: stderr: remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied fatal: Authentication failed for ‘http://gitlab.myeinnovation.com/root/jenkins_pytest_poc.git/’ at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2671) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:2096) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1996) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1987) at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.getRemoteSymbolicReferences(CliGitAPIImpl.java:3645) at jenkins.plugins.git.AbstractGitSCMSource.retrieveActions(AbstractGitSCMSource.java:1150) at jenkins.scm.api.SCMSource.fetchActions(SCMSource.java:848) at jenkins.branch.MultiBranchProject.computeChildren(MultiBranchProject.java:598) at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.ComputedFolder.updateChildren(ComputedFolder.java:278) at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.FolderComputation.run(FolderComputation.java:166) at jenkins.branch.MultiBranchProject$BranchIndexing.run(MultiBranchProject.java:1032) at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:101) at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:442) Finished: FAILURE

The credentials you provided to the multibranch pipeline job definition were rejected by the remote GitLab server. Open the job definition and check that the credentials are valid by pressing the “Validate” button (if available).

Hi I’m getting the same error message. My pipeline was working but i started to get this error message after the credentials for my git repository (CodeCommit) was changed. I have updated the credentials in Jenkins but I’m still getting this error message.

What does the “Validate” button say?

There’s no option to validate while adding the git URL and credential. That option seems to be only for GitHub repositories. This is for a multi-branch pipeline btw if that makes any difference.

The original set of credentials were working just fine this has happened after the credentials were changed.