Experiencing an issue setting up a Jenkins build job for the first time

I’m trying to set up my first Jenkins build job. Prior, I generated an SSH key pair. I entered the public key in my GitHub profile. I entered the private key in Jenkins.

After entering the Repository URL and selecting the credential to use, I get the following error:

Failed to connect to repository : Command “git.exe ls-remote -h – git@github.com:.git HEAD” returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: No ED25519 host key is known for github.com and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Any suggestions? Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

see Git client

Thank you for your reply and help, Markus (@mawinter69)! I navigated to Manage Jenkins in Jenkins and I searched for Git client under Available Plugins, but no plugin was found. Any suggestions? Please advise. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

The plugin is most likely already installed.

I confirmed that Git client is listed under Installed Plugins, so what do you suggest I do to resolve the error (see above), Markus (@mawinter69)? Thanks!

go to Manage Jenkins → Security and change the host key verification to accept first
Unless you run on an older OS this should work.

Thanks for your suggestions, Markus (@mawinter69). I followed your suggested steps, but I still get the same error:

Failed to connect to repository : Command “git.exe ls-remote -h – git@github.com: HEAD” returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Before my next attempt, I logged out of Jenkins, stopped the Jenkins service, restarted the Jenkins service, then signed back in.