Email Setup Giving errors

Hello,

I have Jenkins version 2.440.2.

I’m trying to set up the email notification under system configuration.

I scroll down to the E-mail Notification , under SMTP server I put in smtp.comcast.net
I click on the advanced and check off use SMTP Auth, I put in a valid user id and password

I scroll down and check use SSL and set the port to 587, and set the reply to a valid email address, I then scroll down and do a test configuration and put in a valid email address.

When I test it fails to connect and send the email Below is the error I get
any ideas what I’m doing wrong ?

I have a Project that is using Powershell to accomplish the same at that works with no issues. I’m trying to set up the email so I can get alerts when the jobs fail

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:462)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.decode(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:175)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(SSLTransport.java:111)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(SSLSocketImpl.java:1506)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1421)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:455)

at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:426)

at org.eclipse.angus.mail.util.SocketFetcher.configureSSLSocket(SocketFetcher.java:662)

at org.eclipse.angus.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:409)

at org.eclipse.angus.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:243)

at org.eclipse.angus.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:2193)

Caused: jakarta.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.comcast.net, port: 587;