Dynamic pipeline generation

Hi

My organization is trying to move from GitLab CI to Jenkins.

In GitLab, we extensively use the dynamic pipeline generation feature and it is an integral part of our build and test process. I was wondering if there is an equivalent workflow in Jenkins.

DYNAMIC PIPELINE GENERATION:
The main or entry pipeline will invoke a bunch of commands to generate a child/downstream pipeline. This generated downstream pipeline containing the actual pipeline definition based on the current project state, will then be executed.

Eagerly looking forward to your replies!

Thanks in advance

The Job DSL plugin may do what you want. Job DSL

has you check this ? Jenkins integration | GitLab

Normally has gitlab and git very good interface to jenkins. So I will try to read some official documentation, instead of looking in chats around the world :wink:

1 Like

Gee! How did I miss the first search result of google that comes up when you type “GitLab & Jenkins”!
I went through that link before posting my question here, duh.

There is difference between how you “integrate” Jenkins and GitLab and mimicking a GitLab workflow in Jenkins, I hope you understand that. :wink:

There is a good post here to load generated/external pipelines.

node {

stage('Pipeline Generation'){
				// generate your childJenkinsFile pipeline here
		}

// Load the generated pipeline
        def rootDir = pwd()
        load "${rootDir}/childJenkinsFile"
	}

Thanks for your feedback @nrangava .

But while I’m here, to me, there’s no need to be passive/aggressive when trying to get help, because… that won’t help. :person_shrugging:

Gee! How did I miss the first search result of google that comes up when you type “GitLab & Jenkins”!
I went through that link before posting my question here, duh.
There is difference between how you “integrate” Jenkins and GitLab and mimicking a GitLab workflow in Jenkins, I hope you understand that. :wink: